In January 2021, the Government created a new Social Procurement Assurance Team to strengthen Victoria's Covid recovery.
The team assists with social procurement for:
- all procurement that is valued at $20 million or more
- contracts that have been identified for review.
The starting focus will support employment and job readiness for:
Role assurance function
Agencies should contact the Assurance Team when planning procurement activity for:
- support project teams during the planning phase
- inputting and helping to develop social procurement plans
- assisting with social procurement reporting
- providing strategic social procurement advice
- advice on how to promote opportunities for women and young people, such as:
- gender equality
- opportunities for youth.
The function will report to the Assistant Treasurer on:
- job readiness
- employment opportunities, including for women and young people (at a contract level).
Help and support
Reviewed 05 July 2023