The VGPB is an independent Board supported by the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) that sets goods and services procurement policies. The report summarises the work carried out by the VGPB and includes information on procurement compliance and performance of departments and accredited agencies.
Key milestones and achievements this year include:
- successful transition of around 125 additional agencies to the VGPB policy framework from 1 July 2021 to embed consistent, best practice procurement governance arrangements and policies across government
- overseeing the development of a procurement systems and data capability in DTF to support improved management of state purchase contracts and identify further opportunities for aggregated purchasing
- increased engagement with senior stakeholders across government to:
- lift the profile of government procurement
- understand barriers to fit-for purpose procurement to inform work to streamline procurement for buyers and suppliers
- introduction of the new emergency procurement policy to strengthen government procurement during an emergency.
Introduction from Nadine Lennie, VGPB Chair
Nadine Lennie, VGPB Chair, provides an introduction for the VGPB Annual Report 2021–22.
Glossary and acronyms
Note on accessibility
Most of this content is provided in HTML. Complex data tables are provided in position in Word documents.
Reviewed 31 October 2022