December 2022 versions of standard form contracts and Request for Tender Conditions
December 2022 versions are available for the standard form contracts for construction and Request for Tender Conditions:
- VPS Minor works contract (December 2022)
- VPS Special conditions of contract for use with AS2124-1992 (December 2022)
- VPS Special conditions of contract for use with AS4300-1995 (December 2022)
- VPS Request for Tender Conditions (December 2022)
- VPS Consultancy Agreement (Long Form) related to construction (December 2022)
- VPS Consultancy Agreement (Short form) related to Construction (December 2022)
Minor and technical changes along with clauses relating to Fair Jobs Code have been incorporated.
For help with the Fair Jobs Code, contact:
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Fair Jobs Code team
Fair Jobs Code
Fair Jobs Code comes into full effect on 1 December 2022, for tender processes and grant invitations released on or after that date.
The intention of the Fair Jobs Code is to use government procurement and grant processes to ensure that contracted suppliers are recognised for doing the right thing and treating workers fairly.
The Fair Jobs Code sets out conduct expectations for suppliers, set out as 5 standards:
• Standard 1: Compliance with the law
• Standard 2: Promote secure employment and job security
• Standard 3: Foster cooperative and constructive relationships between employers, employees and their representatives
• Standard 4: Foster workplace equity and diversity
• Standard 5: Promote supply chain compliance.
Building Equality Policy
Contractual terms and conditions (Instruction 7.2.1(b)(x)) and Compliance with legislative and policy requirements (Guidance 7.2.1) have been amended to implement the Building Equality Policy.
The Building Equality Policy is implemented through the Social Procurement Framework. It aligns with the Women’s equality and safety objective.
The Building Equality Policy applies to:
- all publicly funded construction projects valued at $20 million or more (excluding GST)
- Requests for Tender released to market from 1 January 2022
Access guidance on the Building Equality Policy.
For help with the Building Equality Policy, contact:
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Social Procurement Policy team
- Department of Treasury and Finance Social Procurement Assurance team
Mailing list to receive updates about the Ministerial Directions and Instructions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be included in a mailing list to receive updates about public construction. Please let us know your name, your position title, your organisation and whether you are a procurement practitioner or legal advisor.
For more information in relation to construction policies, contact the Construction Policy Team.
Construction procurement guidance
Sets out good practice for procurement of public construction works and services
Construction standard form contracts
Standard form construction contracts are available for general use.
Construction standard form contracts - clause bank
Additional clauses to use with Victorian Public Construction Contracts are available in a clause bank. Access is available to Victorian public service personnel.
Construction tools and templates
Tools and templates (excluding contracts) to support public construction procurement
Construction fact sheets
Fact sheets for public construction procurement provide answers to common questions.
Reviewed 14 February 2023