Changes to Instructions and Guidance - July 2021
The following Instructions and Guidance have been updated, effective 1 July 2021:
Disclosure of contracts and variations to contracts (Attachment 1 to Instruction 5.2)
- the terms and conditions of contract, or
- a document attached to a contract.
When an Agency does not hold the intellectual property right to publish the terms and conditions of contract, or a document attached to a contract, the Agency must:
- disclose key details of the contract on the website or system nominated by the Secretary to the Department of Treasury and Finance
- publish those parts of a contract for which it holds intellectual property rights
- make full contract information available for inspection on request, subject to any grounds to withhold certain information
- state, as part of the key details of the contract, that the full contract information is available for inspection on request
- state, as part of the key details of the contract, that it is not possible to disclose the full contract information due to third party intellectual property rights.
Contractual terms and conditions (Instruction 7.2)
Contractual terms and conditions (Guidance 7.2.1)
Non-use of prohibited cladding products has been amended to refer to the Prohibition of High Risk External Wall Cladding products Declaration, issued by the Minister for Planning.
- payment of a valid invoice within 10 business days
- penalty interest to be paid on any overdue amount, outstanding for more than 10 business days, accrued at the rate set out under the Penalty Interest Act 1983 (Vic).
New version of construction contracts and Request for Tender Conditions - February 2021
The February 2021 versions address:
- Prohibition of High-Risk External Wall Cladding Products Declaration
- minor corrections.
Always download copies of these documents from this website to ensure that the current version is used. Do not overtype an earlier version.
New category in Construction Supplier Register - September 2020
A new category has been created for suppliers of works with experience to undertake low value projects. A low value works project is a project valued at less than $500,000 (inclusive of GST).
This new category treats small value projects in the same way as bigger projects. Suppliers in this category:
- are eligible to be invited to tender for Victorian Government construction projects as pre-qualified suppliers
- have access to tender efficiencies available through pre-qualification.
The Construction Supplier Register is an open pre-qualification scheme for suppliers of works and construction services interested in Victorian Government construction projects.
Residential Cladding Rectification Register list of pre-qualified suppliers available - September 2020
The list of suppliers pre-qualified to perform works to rectify and/or remove combustible cladding products on private residential buildings is available.
The Residential Cladding Rectification Register is an open pre-qualification scheme for suppliers of construction works and construction services interested in projects on private residential buildings for the rectification and/or removal of combustible cladding products.
Notice to withdraw forms of contract - August 2020
Notice is given that approval to use the following contracts will end in six months time on 11 February 2021:
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects Minor Works Contract MWC-2 1994.
- Standards Australia General Conditions of Contract for Engagement of Consultants AS 4122(Int)-1997.
Mailing list to receive updates about the Ministerial Directions and Instructions
Please email if you would like to be included in a mailing list to receive updates about public construction. Please let us know your name, your position title, your organisation and whether you are a procurement practitioner or legal advisor.
Construction procurement guidance
Sets out good practice for procurement of public construction works and services
Construction standard form contracts
Standard form construction contracts are available for general use.
Construction standard form contracts - clause bank
Additional clauses to use with Victorian Public Construction Contracts are available in a clause bank. Access is available to Victorian public service personnel.
Construction tools and templates
Tools and templates (excluding contracts) to support public construction procurement
Construction fact sheets
Fact sheets for public construction procurement provide answers to common questions.
Reviewed 01 July 2021