Key changes, information and application date are as follows:
Action 1: Meet project gender equality targets
Change: Hours spent offsite that directly relate to project delivery count towards the 35% management, supervisory and specialist labour target.
- Offsite hours for management, supervisory and specialist labour apply from 1 January 2024. To support this the following templates will be updated:
Action 2: Engage women as apprentices, trainees or cadets
Change: Cadets now included
- Cadets can be included in contracts from 1 January 2024. To support this the following templates will be updated:
Change: Transitional compliance period
The transitional compliance period has been extended to 1 July 2024. The extension applies from 1 January 2024. To support this the following templates will be updated:
Change: Staged approach to non-compliance
A staged approach to non-compliance will be introduced. Non-compliance will apply from 1 July 2024. To support this the following templates will be updated:
Existing contracts will not be subject to compliance until 1 July 2024. An Agency can choose to issue a contract variation.
Action 3: Implement Gender Equality Action Plans
Change: The workplace gender equality indicators now align with the Gender Equality Act 2020
The mandatory actions are now called minimum standards and have been updated.
- The minimum standards are now included in the policy and will apply from 1 July 2024. To support this the following templates and guidance will be updated:
- Organisation Wide Workplace Gender Audit
- Gender Equality Action Plan templates
- Gender Equality Action Plan guidance
Visit the website for Building Equality Policy information and detailed updates.
For queries relating to the policy updates, contact Marcelle West, Technical Specialist – Building and Construction, Department of Premier and Cabinet
For Building Equality Policy implementation or project support contact the Social Procurement team