VGPB expansion agencies
The goods and services policies aim to deliver efficiencies through:
- good governance and accountability
- maximising benefits of strategic procurement planning
- early and thorough market engagement to maximise value for money
- high standards of probity and transparency
- increased focus on procurement capability
Using a common policy framework makes it easier for buyers and suppliers to understand which agencies follow the goods and services policies.
Apply the goods and services policy rules
Aligning agencies do not need to submit information about their alignment approach to the Victorian Government Purchasing Board for review or comment.
Alignment self-assessment checklist
Use the alignment self-assessment checklist of requirements to assess how the agency’s policies align with the goods and services supply policies. The checklist will help to:
- analyse the agency’s procurement profile
- assess capability and readiness to meet the policy requirements
- plan alignment activities and assess achievement
- enhance existing practices to address gaps
- inform management of areas for development and improvement
- develop continuous improvement strategies
Review the Alignment self-assessment checklist– goods and services:
Departments applying for accreditation need to submit information to the Victorian Government Purchasing Board for review.
VGPB expansion agencies do not need to go through accreditation process.
Other government agencies and local government
Other government agencies and local government may choose to align their policy for goods and services procurement with these supply policies.
Use the alignment self-assessment checklist of requirements to assess how the agency’s policies align with the goods and services supply policies.
The attestation process does not apply to other government agencies and local government.
Tools and support
Reviewed 05 July 2023