Government organisations must plan what they want to buy, and let the market know their plans. This means more Victorian businesses can get involved in supplying to government.
Forward notices for public construction
Forward notices provide continually updated information on the forward pipeline of upcoming procurement opportunities.
- works opportunities valued over $500,000 (inclusive of GST)
- construction services opportunities valued over $200,000 (inclusive of GST)
The forward notice shows:
- a brief description of the procurement
- type of procurement process will be used
- indicative program
- capabilities that apply, like holding a certification or holding
- policies that affect the procurement
Find forward notices under ‘Advance Tender Notices’ on the Buying for Victoria portal.
The Buying for Victoria portal allows suppliers to choose the tender categories of interest and subscribe to get notices when an advanced tender notice is published within that category.
Information shown in a forward notice is subject to change or cancellation. The information contained in a forward notice is for planning purposes only. It does not represent a pre-solicitation or an invitation for bids. It is not a commitment to buy the works or construction services described in the notice.
Procurement activity plans for goods and services
Find procurement activity plans for each organisation on their websites:
Procurement activity plans for uniforms and personal protective equipment
Some government organisations have prepared procurement activity plans for:
- personal protective equipment
These plans help suppliers prepare for upcoming opportunities.
These plans are at different stages of the planning process, for example:
- detailed planning may not have started
- approvals are still needed
Please note that the plans are indicative and subject to change.
- lists current and future projects covered by the local Jobs First Policy
- describes local content requirements
- provides industry with early notification of projects and gives industry the opportunity to register their interest in these projects
Reviewed 06 October 2019