This contract provides post office box clearance and lodgement services, as well as general, secure and set run courier services.
Lead agency: Department of Government Services
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-01-2022
Arrangement type: Panel
Start date: 10 October 2022
End date: 31 October 2025
The key benefits of this contract are:
- Maximum coverage in terms of operational geographic requirements across the State.
- Greater spend under contract with increased ability to drive and influence innovation.
- Cost reduction through ongoing reviews of spend data and supplier management.
- Access to a range of providers providing a varied level of service offerings to suit the diverse needs of departments and agencies.
- Reduced administration through centralised supplier management and reporting.
- Encourage more efficient business practices through analysis of where mail movement can be reduced or digitised.
- Ability to directly engage services from a Victorian work-integrated social enterprise.
- Introduction of environmentally conscious and sustainable delivery options such as pushbikes and electric vehicles.
- Reporting on vehicle types used for deliveries to understand the impact on greenhouse gas emissions.
- Ability to monitor and minimise greenhouse gas emissions over time.
This contract provides the following services:
- post office box clearance and lodgement services
- general courier services
- secure courier services
- set run courier services.
Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post)
ABN: 28 864 970 579
Address: 111 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000
Contact name: Niti Gaur
Title: Account Manager – Government & Public Purpose – South
Phone: 0461 452 022
FedEx Express Australia Pty Ltd (FedEx)
ABN: 41 000 495 269
Address: 201 Coward Street Mascot NSW 2020
Contact name: Linda Mather
Title: Regional Account Executive, Government – FedEx Express
Phone: 0434 669 577
Local Transit Pty Ltd
ABN: 88 626 677 807
Address: 71 Earl Street Windsor VIC 3181
Contact name: Ali Warsame
Phone: 03 9108 5454
Team Global Express
ABN: 084 157 666
Address: Level 15, 380 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004
Contact name: Jane Wong
Title: Strategic Account Manager, Government
Phone: 03 9907 4605
Supplier services and coverage
Review the Mail and Delivery Services State Purchase Contract – Supplier services and coverage by region to identify which suppliers can be used for each service category by region.
Australia Post has capacity to provide state-wide coverage for post office box clearance and lodgement services.
Australia Post provides same day courier services via its fully-owned subsidiary “StarTrack Courier”. StarTrack Courier has capacity to provide general courier services, pre-arranged services, secure courier services and set run courier services. StarTrack Courier covers most suburbs in the Melbourne metro zone and can provide services to all of Melbourne metro and regional Victoria if a job either commences or terminates within the Melbourne metro coverage area. Bookings for these services can be made directly with StarTrack Courier, once you have been onboarded by Australia Post.
Australia Post provides overnight courier services via its Express eParcel service. Bookings for this service can be made directly via the supplied Australia Post lodgement portal once you have been onboarded.
FedEx has capacity to provide state-wide coverage for all courier services.
Local Transit is a certified social enterprise and has capacity to provide all courier services to Melbourne CBD and Metropolitan suburbs.
Team Global Express
Team Global Express has capacity to provide state-wide coverage for all courier services.
How buyers join this contract
Buyers need to request access to the confidential information system to join this contract.
How buyers use this contract
Buyers must follow the following steps:
Step 1: Identify the type of service, and frequency of service required
Advise the category manager of the intention to use this panel.
Engage with key internal stakeholders to determine the type of services, as well as frequency of services, required.
Determine how the services may be split between various suppliers to obtain best value for money outcomes.
Step 2: Access the confidential information section
Check the list of services offered by each supplier and pricing for each.
Step 3: Discuss with the suppliers
Contact one or more suppliers to obtain further clarity on pricing or service capability.
Step 4: Request quotes from the suppliers
Specify the scope of services that you wish to engage under.
Step 5: Select a supplier and get internal approvals
Follow local Agency process to gain approval for the selected supplier(s).
Step 6: Create a purchase order
Create a purchase order, using the provided template. Do not use another template. The template is in the confidential section.
Provide a copy of the completed purchase order to the category manager.