This open panel contract offers multiple suppliers for buying cars and other vehicles.
Lead Organisation: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-01-2018
Arrangement type: Open panel
Start date: 1 May 2018
Access Confidential Information
Log in to view state puchase contracts (Government users only)
Key benefits of this panel include:
- a range of suppliers who meet contract terms and conditions
- accessories, pre-payments and roadside help
- price protection for 90 days
- access to heavy vehicles (up to 8 tonnes)
- no contract access fee
- better measurement and monitoring processes.
This panel includes the following:
- service delivery: vehicles used for emergency services and other frontline government services
- public sector transport: vehicles for use in the public sector including inspectors and case workers
- executive vehicles.
Motor vehicles included in this contract:
- sedan/hatch/wagon (small)
- sedan/hatch/wagon (medium)
- sedan/hatch/wagon (large)
- passenger vehicle (hybrid/electric)
- sports utility vehicles (small)
- sports utility vehicles (medium)
- sports utility vehicles (large).
- 4x4 wagon (small)
- 4x4 wagon (medium)
- 4x4 wagon (large)
- people mover
- 4x2 / 4x4 pick-up/cab chassis/utility
- light bus.
- general duty patrol and high performance vehicles
- general duty utility
- sports utility vehicle (large)
- covert motorcycles
- off road motorcycles.
- heavy commercial vehicles and trucks up to 8 tonnes
- pre-paid scheduled servicing for all vehicles (pricing schedules available for up to 60,000km)
- roadside assistance for 3 years or for the full period the vehicle is owned if longer than 3 years (priced separately)
- dealer delivery for all vehicles ordered
- factory-approved cargo barrier for all station wagons and sports utility vehicles
- factory warranty for at least 3 years or 100,000 km.
The contract offers access to an open panel, with suppliers:
- BMW Australia
- Fiat Chrysler Australia (includes Jeep)
- General Motors Holden
- Iveco Trucks
- Kia Australia
- LDV Automotive
- MG Motors Australia
- Mercedes Benz Passenger
- Mercedes Benz Vans
- Mitsubishi Australia
- Nissan Australia
- RAM Trucks Australia
- Toyota Australia
- Volkswagen (includes Skoda)
How buyers join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Register as a new buyer for the state purchase contract confidential system (Government users only)
Step 1: Complete the Deed of Confidentiality.
Step 2: Seek approval following local agency processes.
Step 4: Category Manager will review the request. If approved, the signed deed will be returned. If rejected, an explanation will be provided.
Step 5: If approved, register as a buyer within the confidential system:
Step 6: Buyers will receive an email from the confidential system (DTF.APPS).
How buyers use this contract
- only passenger and sports utility vehicles on the are permitted for lease or purchase by any buyer bound by the
- the is be published on the VicFleet website and is determined based on vehicle safety, environmental performance and whole of life cost
- the is updated as vehicle models, pricing, and safety features change
- government entities are required to purchase from the .
Possible reasons for an exemption are:
- for specific operational purposes, including emergency service vehicles
- vehicles intended to transport people with a disability.
Victoria Police has a standing operational needs exemption.
VicFleet manages a whole of Victorian Government finance lease arrangement.
Contact VicFleet for support with this contract.
Reviewed 17 June 2021