Effective date: 2 August 2019
Objective: To promote awareness in the market of available government procurement opportunities
Publish a tender notice for each open or Selective Tender.
A Tender Notice may also be published on the Agency’s website or an electronic tender system.
This Guidance sets out the content of a Tender Notice and describes where Tender Notices must be published.
Publish a Tender Notice for each open tender or Selective Tender.
The Tender Notice should contain:
- a project summary
- a listing of the Tender Documentation and how it can be obtained
- key dates, such as briefing times, site visits and tender closing time
- the Agency’s contact details
- the number of copies and format required for submission (electronic or hard copy)
- details of the tender submission location and timing
If Tender Documentation is not included in the Tender Notice, then the Tender Notice must provide details about how to obtain or access the Tender Documentation.
Agencies should ensure that the Tender Documentation provides the information tender participants need to understand the:
- project requirements
- terms and conditions applicable to the tender process
- terms on which the successful supplier will be engaged to perform the Works or Construction Services
Publish Tender Notices on the nominated website or system
For Selective Tenders and Limited Tenders, Tender Notice must be sent to each potential tender participant invited to participate in the tender process from the where the expected value of the Selective Tender or Limited Tender is greater than:
Tender Notices should give potential tender participants participating in the tender process sufficient notice that it has begun. Sufficient notice means:
- for an open tender, notifying all local and international potential tender participants
- for a Selective Tender or a Limited Tender, notifying each tender participant invited to participate
In addition to this notice requirement, consider other appropriate places to publish a Tender Notice. For example:
- regional newspapers for a regional project
- relevant specialist websites or publications when specialist Construction Services are required
Agencies affected by the restrictions on print advertising should be aware of the requirements of this policy.
First release - 1/07/2018
Revision 1 - 2/08/2019
Publish Tender Notices on the nominated website or system:
- Insert new paragraph describing tender notice requirements for Selective Tenders and Limited Tenders. Notices for Selective Tenders and Limited Tenders with a value greater than the upper limit stated in Instruction 3.2.1(a)(ii)(1) or (2) need to be published on the website or system nominated by the Secretary.
- Remove reference to TendersVic website.
Tools and support
Reviewed 05 July 2023