This open register lists pre-qualified suppliers who provide marketing services including advertising and communications.
Lead agency: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Reference number: SS-09-2013
Arrangement type: Register
Start date: 16 December 2013
This register is open for new applications.
VendorPanel launched for Marketing services register
A new platform that provides up to date technology to streamline and automate the procurement process. This new system replaces the MarketingOnline system.
Suppliers must apply to the Marketing services register. Supplier details held in MarketingOnline will not transfer to VendorPanel.
Buyers will need to register with VendorPanel to access the Marketing services register.
Buyer training information
Buyer training information on the use of VendorPanel is available in the Government Buyers’ Procurement Group on the Innovation Network.
The information covers how buyers can source quotes from suppliers within VendorPanel. It also answers questions relating to the functionality.
The key benefits of using this Marketing services register are:
- standard terms and conditions
- simplified engagement process
The Marketing services register covers service categories. A service category may be mandatory or optional.
Marketing - Strategic planning and development
Develop integrated marketing strategies that support achievement of business or project goals.
May include different target audiences, delivery channels and comprehensive research.
Develop campaigns that support the achievement of:
- advertising or
- public relations goals
Campaigns must be consistent with:
- Victorian Government communication policies and guidelines
- overarching organisational communication strategies
- clarifying business goals
- establishing a creative theme
- identifying and researching target audiences
- establishing and reporting on metrics to measure success of the campaign
Creative concept and development
Develop creative concepts that:
- support campaigns or communication strategies
- effectively engage the target audience in line with campaign goals
Where necessary, review and/or undertake research relevant to the campaign.
Brand development and evaluation
Develop a brand strategy, consistent with Victorian Government policies and guidelines, that effectively supports:
- service delivery or
- project business goals
The strategy should outline:
- how to apply the brand in all aspects of business delivery
- marketing and communication activities
Evaluate the execution of the strategy against established objectives.
Provide specialist direction to the artistic team for a marketing and communication campaign consistent with campaign objectives and any relevant branding strategies.
Manage issues, potentially with limited advanced notice, to
- communications solutions
May involve developing, implementing and evaluating comprehensive issues management strategies.
Develop and manage public relations strategies that support integrated communication, marketing or campaign objectives.
May involve proactive media promotions, consistent with communication goals, to generate public understanding, support and awareness for:
- other means of communication
Manage stakeholder engagement activities that support the achievement of business or project goals.
May include planning, implementing and evaluating stakeholder engagement activities including:
- other activities.
- capturing, analysing and reporting on stakeholder feedback
- providing responses to stakeholders
Plan and implement market research activities related to:
- campaign development and evaluation
- target audience profiling
- evaluation and other communication activities
May include quantitative and qualitative methods of research and expertise in a range of research delivery methods including:
- focus groups
- telephone interviewing
- online methods and the like
Plan/implement/evaluate communication strategies that support an internal or external change management program.
Digital marketing (including social media)
Plan/implement/evaluate digital strategies to market government services or programs.
To effectively reach audiences in a timely, relevant, personal and cost-effective manner. This includes expertise in the application of the following digital tools:
- social media
- other digital media
May involve push and /or pull strategies as part of the digital marketing approach.
Where a service category is optional buyers may:
- procure the service through the Marketing services register or
- engage directly following agency procurement process
Write copy for:
- marketing and communication mediums that captures, for the target audience, the required:
- suitable for the media format/s being employed
- consistent with Victorian Government policies and style guides
Writing and editing
Writing and editing communications material including:
- web copy
May involve sourcing and reviewing related material to inform the work.
Script, produce and edit video footage that supports the marketing, promotion and communication of government services or programs.
May be used for:
- corporate events
- other media
Deliver creative visual design concepts and elements that support communication of:
- identity of government programs
Includes the capacity to apply the design concepts to a range of visual media including:
- online or digital media
- other marketing collateral
Supply of broadcast media content and associated metadata for outlets available within Victoria for:
Supply of bespoke analysis reports on the media monitoring data including:
- audience demographic
- geographic targeting and reach
- share of voice
- others by request
Supply of media monitoring of culturally and linguistically diverse content based in Australia for:
- social media outlets
Marketing services register for suppliers
Steps suppliers need to follow to join the Marketing services register.
Reviewed 30 March 2021