This contract provides electricity to sites using over 40 MWh per year, including renewable energy certificates, along with supplying new sites.
Lead agency: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-03-2018
Arrangement type: Sole supplier
Start date: 01 July 2019
End date: 30 June 2022
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Key benefits include:
- risk management for energy and environmental certificates
- cost-efficient energy in a volatile wholesale market
- the ability to add new sites.
This contract covers these main areas of retail electricity supply services:
- electricity for large sites using more than 160 MWh per year
- electricity for sites using between 40 and 160 MWh per year (if added to the scope of a contract)
- accredited GreenPower at percentages of 10%, 25% and 100%
- renewable Energy Certificates including SREC and VEEC.
This contract is a sole supplier arrangement with Red Energy:
How buyers join this contract
Register as a new buyer for the state purchase contract confidential system (Government users only)
Step 1: Complete the Deed of Confidentiality
Step 2: Seek approval following local agency processes
Step 4: Category Manager will review the request. If approved, the signed deed will be returned. If rejected, an explanation will be provided.
Step 5: If approved, register as a buyer within the confidential system:
Step 6: Buyers will receive an email from the confidential system (DTF.APPS).
Reviewed 17 June 2021