This contract provides electricity to sites using over 40 MWh per year, including renewable energy certificates, along with supplying new sites.
Lead agency: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-03-2018
Arrangement type: Sole supplier
Start date: 01 July 2019
End date: 30 June 2022
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Register as a buyer for the contracts portal (Government users only)
Key benefits include:
- risk management for energy and environmental certificates
- cost-efficient energy in a volatile wholesale market
- the ability to add new sites
This contract covers these main areas of retail electricity supply services:
- electricity for large sites using more than 160 MWh per year
- electricity for sites using between 40 and 160 MWh per year (if added to the scope of a contract)
- accredited GreenPower at percentages of 10%, 25% and 100%
- renewable Energy Certificates including SREC and VEEC
This contract is a sole supplier arrangement with Red Energy:
How buyers join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Step 1: Register for the contracts portal
Step 2: Complete the roll-in form
Complete the roll-in form.
Step 3: Seek category manager approval
Step 4: Approval notification
Category manager will send the approved roll-in form to the supplier and notify the agency.
Step 5: Supplier to contact approved agency
Supplier will contact the buyer to negotiate connection date.
Step 6: Raise a purchase order
Raise a purchase order consistent with agency finance procedures
Reviewed 22 April 2021